Date: 9/30/17 5:49 pm
From: <jacksonwrxt89...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Charlestown Birding - Pheasant, etc
I went to the Charlestown WTP this afternoon in hopes of a late shorebird of two. Unfortunately there were practically no birds at all in the plant (just one Great Blue Heron) but the area was pretty "birdy."
There were tons of Yellow-rumped Warblers and Song Sparrows around the whole area. No other interesting Sparrows, but a WILSON'S WARBLER was a nice surprise in the Warbler department. A female NORTHERN HARRIER was seen working the freshly cut cornfields and an AMERICAN PIPIT was heard flying over.
The most notable bird was a female RING-NECKED PHEASANT that I stumbled upon feeding on the side of the riverside trail just south of the WTP. A nice bird to see but it's undoubtedly not a wild bird as the area is a popular Pheasant hunting location and is likely stocked.

Wilson's Warbler:
https://flic.kr/p/YBQabm

Ring-necked Pheasant:
https://flic.kr/p/YXQhNh