Date: 9/30/17 5:26 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos Tropical K 9/30/2017
Holly, Pip and I observed our first Oregon TROPICAL KINGBIRD of the year
along north dike old Weyco pond site N Spit Coos Bay about 4 this
afternoon- still around on way back out but further north in the willows
across the water from the powerline there. Of the 45+ Coos record only a
handful are from Sep so this bird is a week or two earlier than when the
first birds normally show up.

Hundreds of CA Gulls coming into pond there then heading into bay. I have
seen thousands coming off ocean, stop at pond, then head into bay this time
of yr. and then head back out to ocean. Not sure what is up but they are
quite noisy and regular in large numbers at this site this time of yr.

Merry migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!