Date: 9/30/17 5:24 pm
From: Jim Danzenbaker <jdanzenbaker...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Battle Ground, Clark County yard birding
Tweeters,

I had a relaxing day at home with my eyes to the sky from my Battle Ground,
Clark County today:

Greater-white-fronted Goose - 1350 (all flying high and in a straight line
heading south. I was able to scope most of them and all the ones that I
saw were Greater white-fronted although I wouldn't rule out the possibility
that there were other species (Cackling, maybe a few Snow) mixed in. All
geese were in about a 1/3-1/2 mile wide band so I was lucky that they chose
to line up over my house!- FOY for county and yard
Turkey Vulture - 51
Hairy Woodpecker - 1 (FOY - yard)
Common Bushtit - 42 (in one flock!)
Golden-crowned Kinglet - 2 (FOY - yard)
Swainson's Thrush - 3 (2 nocturnal migrants)
Black-throated Gray Warbler - 1
Orange-crowned Warbler - 1
Warbling Vireo - 1
Western Tanager - 1