Date: 9/30/17 3:33 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Saying no to the two bird theory
But sometimes the two bird theory is correct. Last year Craig Miller photographed a Black-headed Gull on Suttle Lake in Jefferson County. He had no cell service there, so he drove to Sisters and called me. I raced up there and with him we found, after some looking, a small gull sitting in the middle of the lake. We moved for better position and I took some photos. It was a Bonaparte's Gull. Each time the gull was the only one on the lake. The photos were taken less than two hours apart. Craig's bird can be seen at www.orbirds.org/055.1-15-11.mp4 . Sometimes there really ARE two birds.

Tom Crabtree, Bend

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!