Date: 9/30/17 1:15 pm
From: Lee Schoenewe <lschoe...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Sabine's Gull for Bird Club outing
The Prairie Lakes Bird Club held an outing this morning from the Dickinson
County Nature Center. The target habitat and highlight was Little Swan Lake
where the drawn down marsh to the west produced an adult Sabine's Gull, an
immature Little Blue Heron, 31 Long-billed Dowitchers and Bonaparte's Gull
among much other activity. Over a dozen Forster's Terns were still at the
grade at Spirit Lake, and butterbutt warblers were everywhere with one
Orange-crowned and one Nashville as all we could add in the warbler group.
Ruby-crowned Kinglets were on the move, too and one Golden-crowned was seen
along with a rather late female and immature Indigo Bunting pair. The wind
was just strong enough that we were glad to find places to get out of it.

Lee A. Schoenewe

Spencer