Date: 9/30/17 1:13 pm
From: Jamie Chavez <almiyi...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Chestnut-sided Warbler & Dickcissel
At the entrance to Rancho Guadalupe Dunes (SM River willows) earlier this
morning I found a single CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER in a mixed flock in the
willows near the kiosk. Later as I walked the road and approached the sand
plant, I stumbled on a DICKCISSEL in a small willow next to the road. It
eventually flew out into the pasture to the south where it settled in the
stubble and disappeared. A Peregrine Falcon was also in the area. Fair
documentation quality photos of the Dickcissel can be seen in this eBird
checklist:

Jamie M. Chavez
Santa Maria, CA

Join us on Facebook!