Date: 9/30/17 1:01 pm
From: Herschel Raney <herschel.raney...>
Subject: Re: Hawks
I have only been present for one flock of Swainson's descending to
earth. (They migrate in flocks like Broad-wings.)It was in San Antonio
in an open area. 70 or 80 of them came spiraling down out of the
distance. And they landed all around me. All on the ground. Seemed to be
uninterested in what I did. An agreed stop for exhaustion? They did not
seem to be feeding.

I have never forgotten it. I just walked among hawks like they were
melons. They turned their heads to watch me. Perhaps knowing, that if I
did anything stupid, 70 of them could take me. And then they would eat
like kings.

Herschel Raney

Conway AR

On 9/30/2017 9:42 AM, Billy Jeter wrote:
> Driving today on highway 412 between near Boise City, OK in the last 15 miles we've between 75-80 Swainson's(?) hawks sitting in the road ditch or edge of harvested fields. Zero on utility lines. What's up with this? Thanks.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> .

Join us on Facebook!