Date: 9/30/17 1:02 pm
From: Stuart Sparkman <jacamar29...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Saylorville this morning
Hey I-Birders,

Harney and I visited Cherry Glen and Oak Grove on the east side of
Saylorville Lake this morning (Polk Co.). It was not particularly birdy,
but we racked up a few noteworthy birds. A single SANDERLING was on the
lakeshore at Cherry Glen near the boat ramp. Something like 10,000 gulls
had gathered on the lake in that area- I didn't identify anything that
wasn't RING-BILLED. In the picnic areas I found RUBY-CROWNED and
GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS, YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER, several YELLOW-RUMPED
WARBLERS, a couple good sized flocks of WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS, one of
which yielded a FOX SPARROW. All of these were FOS for us. There was
little else about, although there were several groups of staging swallows
seen on the way to the lake.

Hope you are out looking at birds today.

Stuart Sparkman
NW Des Moines