Date: 9/30/17 11:53 am
From: David Seibel <dseibelphoto...>
Subject: Say's Phoebe in Cowley County, 30 September
I found a juvenile Say's Phoebe southeast of Arkansas City this morning and
was able to get some nice photos of it, which I'll post on Facebook (Kansas
Birding group) shortly. I believe this is the first record of the species
for the county. It stayed in the same area all morning and was catching
lots of insects. It wasn't exactly tame, but with patience I was able to
get outstanding looks from my vehicle. Here's the exact location in Google
Maps:
https://goo.gl/pNrdCQ

I had some other nice surprises while watching and waiting for the Say's
Phoebe to come close, including a Pileated Woodpecker, a male
Black-throated Green Warbler, and 2 Fish Crows. Complete list on eBird:
-David Seibel
www.davidseibel.com
www.BirdsInFocus.com

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html