Date: 9/30/17 10:01 am
From: Ragupathy Kannan <0000013b0ad14faf-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Bicocular donations for Indian school kids
Jeff Short's post (below) was timely.  I am headed for India over Thanksgiving.  As you can see in Jeff's post, birding and binoculars really help birds and their habitats.
Do you have any worn out binocs to spare?  If so, please give me.  I will donate them to schools and nature clubs in India.  I have done that several times in the past (thanks largely to Barry Haas, who mobilized a lot of old Halberg camp binocs).  The binocs are used heavily by children going on field trips.  Many have been refurbished with string and tape.  Some with even bandages and band-aid like material.  It's really heart-warming.
So here is a chance to imbue new life into your old binocs and promote a good cause.  Please contact me off line if you want to help.
On Friday 29 September 2017, 10:25:26 PM GMT-5, Jeffrey Short <bashman...> wrote:

Here is a link to an interesting assessment of bird population decline in Asia from April, 2017.

https://www.economist.com/news/asia/21721139-exterminate-first-ask-questions-later-what-trials-migratory-birds-say-about-asias

Jeff Short

Join us on Facebook!