Date: 9/29/17 1:33 pm
From: Scott Priebe via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] [va-bird] South Run Rec Center Dog Park and South Run Valley Stream Park - West, Fairfax Co.
Took the day off, well most of it, and decided to bird the power line cut running along the west side of South Run Rec Center Park to South Run Valley Stream Park.

Very birdy before 9 AM with several new arrivals.

Highlights - Lincoln Sparrow and Swamp Sparrow, Ruby-crowned Kinglets (10) and a Golden-crowned Kinglet; twelve species of warblers including a late (according to eBird) Yellow Warbler. I was only able to ID about half the warblers seen, many were in the tree tops. Oddly, at least two Pine Warblers were singing, and I saw two.

Scott D. Priebe
Springfield, VA

Species: 48

Canada Goose 23