Date: 9/29/17 12:40 pm
From: David Young via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Sedge Wren , Common Raven - Reston
I first heard the single call notes, then located a Sedge Wren today (9/29) along the Gas Pipe line
easement, a short distance behind the Lake Anne Dam along Wiehle ave.
Saw one here on September 27, 2016 in the same exact area. It was in the very
thickly overgrown south hillside of the pipeline that leads up to the garden plots,
behind the Unitarian Universalist Church. Best and basically only place to park too.
Be on notice that there is a VERY active Honey Bee colony
along the woods bordering Wiehle and this is also in the corner where I saw the Wren.
It's a large area of overgrown hillside, but SEWR will briefly pop out near edges. Not easy at first.
I love the way the Natural Gas company only bush hogs these slopes just once a year,
usually in October/November, otherwise they leave it alone.
Fields also have lots of Goldfinches, two Common Yellow Throats, and a few Indigo Buntings.
Also loaded with a variety of butterflies.
I also have been meaning to note here that I've heard and or seen a lone Common Raven 5 times this
month, always hear first then see it circling over towards Town Center from Hidden Creek CC. area.

Dave Young
Reston, Virginia

David Young
<lcdyoung93...>