Date: 9/29/17 8:45 am
From: Whimbrel Birders Club <whimbrelbirders...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Dundee - Neotropic Cormorant
The Neotropic Cormorant continues at Carpentersville Dam about 30 feet from the overlook swimming! A Double-crested Cormorant flew past it and the size difference was incredible. There are about 10 cormorants in the water nearby the Neotropic, so just be sure that you are on the one that looks like it is half the size.

Oliver Burrus
Happily birding in Carpentersville, Kane co.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 29, 2017, at 9:21 AM, Eric Secker <esecker...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>
> I just had a Neotropic Cormorant flying north along the river by John Jack
> Hill Park along the Fox River in West Dundee.
>
> The bird kept going north along the river. If anyone is interested in
> looking for it though, I suspect it might stop at Fox River Shores F.P
> north of Carpentersville Dam where the river widens and lots of cormorants
> hang out on the logs in the river.
>
> Eric and Sally Secker
> West Dundee, Kane Co.

Join us on Facebook!