Date: 9/28/17 7:32 pm
From: Trish G <trishrg62...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] some warblers
This evening shortly before 6 pm. Becky Turley refound the female
Virginia's Warbler at Huntington Central Park, in pretty much the same
exact location Jim described yesterday and I managed a few crummy photos
for ID.
Also of note were the Blue Angels fighter jets flying over the park.

Trish Gussler, Anaheim
https://www.flickr.com/photos/trishrg/

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 3:01 PM, James Pike <jimpike444...>
[OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...> wrote:

> At the SE end of Centennial Regional Park (Santa Ana) along Fairview, I
> observed a male Virginia's Warbler today. Far more birds were present
> closer to the NE end at Edinger, including an apparent Hermit x Townsend's
> hybrid, but it took extensive pishing and painful neck-craning to see them
> within the very tall eucalyptus trees. Later, at the west end of Huntington
> Lake (HCP), a Blackpoll Warbler pished out of the lakeside eucalytpus
> grove. A short distance to the SE, another Virginia's Warbler was initially
> bathing within a bulrush clump, then flushed into the scraggly nearby
> sycamores and up into that same grove of eucs. Photos of all cited birds
> can be seen at the link below:
>

> https://www.flickr.com/photos/140329376@N06/
>
> Jim Pike
> HB