Date: 9/28/17 7:08 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET King/Clapper Rail Photo's
I am certainly no expert on Clapper Rails having only seen 2 in my
life but if you Goggle King Rail you will see a few photos of very
gray colored King Rails called juveniles (although full sized) & also
King Rails with a lot more white under the tail. Then if you Google
Clapper Rail you will see photos of Clappers that are every bit as
rufous colored as King Rails. In other words I don't think you can
tell just by the color & at this time of the year I doubt the one seen
by Steve M at Waukegan will be calling to help I.D. it. Maybe others
can tell by other markings but I don't think I can tell just by the
color? Any other thoughts on this?

Al Stokie

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings: