Date: 9/28/17 5:46 pm
From: Jonathan Clark <falloutbird1...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] migrants Catahoula NWR
labirders,

I went to Catahoula NWR Headquarters Unit and Willow Lake Unit this
morning (La Salle Parish). HQ Unit: *Northern Pintail* have arrived. A
few *Blue-winged
Teal* and *Northern Shoveler*. Shorebirds included 36 *Least Sandpipers, 3
Gr Yellowlegs, 2 Lesser Yellowlegs, and of course a few Killdeer. *Water
level in Duck Lake not down with rest of Catahoula Lake system, so there
was almost no good shorebird habitat on HQ Unit.
Passerine migrants included *Gray Catbird* (one at each unit),
*Black-and-white
Warbler *(HQ Unit) and a female *Rose-breasted Grosbeak* (HQ Unit) that
required "Show Rarities" to put it in eBird report -- I guess it's still a
little early. She appeared to be feeding on Muscadines.
*Indigo Buntings* were in groups along roadsides.

Jonathan Clark
Jena, LA

Join us on Facebook!