Date: 9/28/17 3:05 pm
From: Polly Alexander <pollysalexander...>
Subject: [obol] American Dipper at Japanese Gardens
My partner, who considers himself a bird lover but not a birder, was at the Japanese Gardens yesterday evening and watched a Dipper hop around on some rocks in the large pond that you first encounter while entering the gardens (standing on the main bridge, look to your right). Although he's "not a birder", he has seen Dippers before and he was confidently reporting back to me his identification. He also watched it dive into the water several times. I don't remember seeing any reports before for a Dipper at this location, but maybe being a relatively new transplant and follower of OBOL, I have just missed it.

We're heading back this evening in hopes of seeing it again.

Polly Alexander

Join us on Facebook!