Date: 9/28/17 3:01 pm
From: David Griffin <birdingnm...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Kossuth County Migration
Hello All

I was working in Kossuth County this week and had a number of migrants and
large movement of birds.

On 9/27 at various locations I had a small group of white-throated
sparrows, a single Ruby-crowned kinglet, a palm warbler, several
yellow-rumped warblers, and a flyover pine siskin

Raptors - many sharp-shinned and Cooper's hawks, migrating groups of
American white pelicans, double-crested cormorants, turkey vultures,
Broad-winged hawks, red-tailed hawks, several northern harriers, and a
couple of peregrine falcons.

Even northern (yellow-shafted) flickers are on the move with roadside
groups of 3-5 scattered around. Large flocks of blue jays were impressive
- anywhere from 50-150 per flock.

--
David Griffin
Muscatine, Iowa