Date: 9/28/17 3:00 pm
From: John Weeks <aerie.john...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Blueberry Hill, Granville -- ad hawk hoc watch 9/28/17
Systematic counting on Blueberry Hill in Granville ended in 2015. My fellow hawkwatcher Dick Haas and I went up today to have a look around. Migrant raptors were few (10). There was a handful of warblers, of four species, still present. The highlight was a male Northern Parula.

Full eBird report is below.

John Weeks

Blueberry Hill, Hampden, Massachusetts, US
Sep 28, 2017 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments: Observers: Dick Haas and John Weeks
21 species

Canada Goose 1000 Count is very approximate, but represents the right order of magnitude. Dozens of flocks went past today. Of the raptors seen today, the Osprey, Sharp-shins, Cooper's Hawk and Kestrel were migrating.
Wild Turkey 15
Black Vulture 2 Black Vultures are seen regularly in this area, and have been for almost two decades! Two BLVU, presumably the same two birds, were seen here on 9/16/2017 and again earlier this week. The ID is positive: the birds were well seen, with binoculars and a telescope.
Turkey Vulture 4
Osprey 1
Sharp-shinned Hawk 6
Cooper's Hawk 1