Date: 9/28/17 2:58 pm
From: James V Remsen <najames...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Early Eastern Phoebe etc.
LABIRD: yesterday, Gary Byerly and I worked woods in St. Landry parish to try to add migrant records to the parish’s bar chart etc. Best bird in my opinion was an early E. Phoebe. Although an Ovenbird was evidently a first parish eBird record, this is just an artifact of weak sampling. We also had a slight early Rose-breasted Grosbeak, a marginally late Great Crested Flycatcher, 3 Wilson’s Warblers, 1 Chestnut-sided, 4 Philadelphia Vireos, a nice total of 14 Redstarts, and a scattering of other migrants.

Dr. J. V. Remsen
Prof. of Natural Science and Curator of Birds
Museum of Natural Science/Dept. Biological Sciences
LSU, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
najames<at>LSU.edu

Join us on Facebook!