Date: 9/28/17 12:13 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Curry Lark Bunting 9/29/17
I kicked a female/immature up at the NW end of Floras Lake around 10AM. It
was by itself at first then joined a flock of pipits. It landed out in the
open a couple times near where I was working and in flight it was obviously
larger than the pipits and the white wing patches were real obvious (even
on parked bird). A county bird for me- cool! I didn't look for it after
seeing it around 10 but the pipit flock was flying all around me until noon
when I left so it could still be around. Never heard it vocalize.

Fog just off the beach and windy out of the southwest.

Merry migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!