Date: 9/28/17 9:45 am
From: Jerry Davis <jwdavis...>
Subject: Bird Habitat Hurricane Damage Along the Texas Coast
I got a reply back from Houston Audubon Society about some of the damage to habitat along the Texas Coast. There are always trade-offs with such an event with plus and minus changes. I hope they can find enough members not dealing with their own damage to help with needed actions. Most of us will not live long enough to see some of the minuses repaired. The next time we go to the coast we can make our own assessment. On the Florida side, all of the 44 Snail kite nests sites were destroyed and salt water intrusion into fresh water. http://www.audubon.org/news/hurricane-irma-destroyed-all-everglade-snail-kite-nests-lake-okeechobee

Jerry Wayne Davis
Hot Springs, AR