Date: 9/28/17 9:29 am
From: Chad Kauffman <chadkauffman...>
Subject: Mifflin County raptors
hello all

last evening I got a call from Henry Petersheim and he was in lewistown
on tuesday evening for an appt.  at around 5pm, he saw this black and
white bird flying around, fluttering at times and soaring and circling
at times.  it never came over him, but he didn't have bins with him
either.  He went home and looked at his ID books and the only thing he
could think it was, Swallow Tailed Kite, which he saw with me a month
ago in Snyder County.  I suggested Osprey to him and he said the
black/white pattern wasn't right for that and the tail was forked.  He
said if he wouldn't have just seen one and had that in his memory, he
might not even considered it for Mifflin County or even the state.

While he was up there, the resident? Peregrine Falcon flew over his head
too.  That is another sighting of the PEFA this late summer/fall.  We
aren't sure if that is the one who has been wintering the last few years
or not.

As far as I know, the snyder county STKI hasn't been seen since 9/4/17.

Chad Kauffman, Mifflintown, PA

--
***See our new video https://youtu.be/3gyjkxmmFS4 *** ***Check us out on
facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kauffmaninsurance/ ***Call us