Date: 9/28/17 9:15 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Wheaton Regional Park & Brookside Gardens today 9/28
Hi all,

Well, the cold front is coming but hadn't yet arrived at WRP this morning. A fitful and then more steady northerly breeze, lots of larger diurnal migrants - Robins, Jays, Flickers - but relatively few neotropicals about. We did see 9 species of warbler, none in any number. Best was a Nashville near the meadow. Far fewer Kinglets today, and almost no Catbirds, We then went into Brookside Gardens, and added a nice Philadelphia Vireo with a few Red-eyes, as well as more Kinglets and a couple of Parulas. Really lovely fall day, just need a few more birds!

Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper,
Colesville, MD

51 species, birds of interest below:

Wood Duck 5 Flyovers
Great Blue Heron 1
Green Heron 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 2
Chimney Swift 3
Belted Kingfisher 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 12
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee 2
Eastern Phoebe 2
Philadelphia Vireo 1 Gardens, with Red-eyes
Red-eyed Vireo 8
Blue Jay 30 Conservative estimate
House Wren (Northern) 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 10 Most in Gardens
Eastern Bluebird 4
Swainson's Thrush 2
American Robin 40 Conservative estimate
Gray Catbird 5
Brown Thrasher 1
Cedar Waxwing 8
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Nashville Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 3
American Redstart 5
Northern Parula 2 Gardens
Magnolia Warbler 4
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Black-throated Blue Warbler 3
Black-throated Green Warbler 2
Chipping Sparrow 10
Eastern Towhee 2
Scarlet Tanager 2
Common Grackle (Purple) 50 Estimate, flying out of park as we arrived

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39437678

Sent from my iPad