Date: 9/28/17 5:04 am
From: Pamela Hunt <phunt...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Greater White-fronted Goose in Hooksett
Greetings all,

A friend called late on Tuesday to report a probable Greater White-fronted Goose in Hooksett, and yesterday managed to get some excellent photos to confirm the ID. The bird is frequenting a pond at Hooksett Crushed Stone along Hackett Hill Road. Access is from either the toll booth exit on I-93 or from Route 3A. Directly west of the Hooksett toll plaza you will turn right (north) into the facility and drive down the hill to the office. The site is open to the public but birders are requested to check in at the office, and obviously not interfere with business operations. The GWF Goose has been associating with Canada Geese in the pond across from the office, but could be elsewhere in the area.

This appears to be the earliest fall record for New Hampshire.

Good Birding,

Pamela D. Hunt, Ph.D.
Avian Conservation Biologist
New Hampshire Audubon
84 Silk Farm Road
Concord, NH 03301

(603) 224-9909 x328
<phunt...><mailto:<phunt...>

___

Please consider making a donation to support the work of the Conservation Department<http://nh-audubon-nature-store.myshopify.com/collections/program-support/products/conservation-department-general-support>

"We have a hunger of the mind. We ask for all the knowledge around us and the more we get, the more we desire."
- Maria Mitchell, 19th Century American Astronomer