Date: 9/27/17 6:36 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Great Pond in Randolph Highlights
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 23:42:42 +0000 (UTC)
From: Paul Peterson <petersonpaul63...>
Subject: Great Pond in Randolph Highlights

I birded from 11:00-6:00, at a leisurely pace. I covered the entire
southern section. (the dike and southwards). No luck with the Common
Gallinule reported yesterday on e-bird.

Green Heron 1
Blue-winged Teal 4 continuing for at least ten days
Green-winged Teal 24
Bald Eagle 1 adult
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
accipiter sp. 1+
AMERICAN GOLDEN PLOVER 1 big boulder area
Killdeer 27
Semipalmated Plover 5
Least Sandpiper 3
Semipalmated Sandpiper 7
Spotted Sandpiper 2
Greater Yellowlegs 1
CASPIAN TERN 6 flew right by me! two called! at beginning of
dike at 5:05
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Tree Swallow 5 apparently migrating; dropping in for a spot of
tea (lol)
American Pipit 5 big boulder area open expanse
Carolina Wren 2
House Wren 1
WARBLERS:
American Redstart 1
Northern Waterthrush 1
Black-throated Green 2
Black and White 3
Northern Parula 1
Wilson's 1 ad. male
Palm 1 "western"
Savannah Sparrow 2 on dike
Swamp Sparrow 2
P.S. The town of Randolph has created a lovely woodland path along the
southern half of the reservoir. From the Oak St. end, there is a path just
after the last house on the left (if coming from North Main St.) It is
hard to see, but it is just after big rocks in a line that demarcate the
yard boundary of the aforementioned house. This path takes you almost all
the way to the dike! Wonderful.

Paul Peterson
<petersonpaul63...>
Boston