Date: 9/27/17 6:07 pm
From: Donna Ellis <donnaellis1014...>
Subject: [NHBirds] American Bittern in Henniker this evening
I was kayaking on Long Pond this evening and excited to see a Great Egret.
The Egret actually flew over to me and worked it's way closer hunting along
the shoreline. Then something else moving caught my eye and it was the
American Bittern. It flew to a shady area soon after and really blended in
well. There was also a GBH and Belted Kingfisher still around.

American Bittern <https://flic.kr/p/BPwBD1>

Great Egret <https://flic.kr/p/BPwwQy>

Donna Ellis
Henniker