Date: 9/27/17 12:32 pm
From: <jbray4913...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Tricolored Heron still being seen at Bolsa Chica this morning 27 SEP
I got a message from a photographer friend that the Tricolored Heron was seen this morning around 11am about 500 yards past the end of the walkbridge, feeding along the shore of "rabbit island". That's where we last saw it yesterday evening around sunset. They said it flew in from the wintersburg channel area. That's all I've got. Below is a link to a map that might help some with the location I'm referring to. When looking for this bird, when it's feeding, it's hunkered down real low and blends in well with the surroundings, so keep an eye out for movement. This is a small heron (snowy egret sized).

https://i.imgur.com/yLX8w5H.jpg

Jeff Bray
Irvine, CA
Sent: 12:30p