Date: 9/27/17 11:39 am
From: <canyon53ss...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] FYI Black Star Canyon (Road) closed @ Silverado Cn. Road
As part of OCFA's morning update on the #canyonfire, they included road closures and Black Star Canyon Road was one of them. Being curious, I called OCFA/PIO (925-588-6812) and sure enough... They are saying fire equipment is moving along that road into the back country (which I didn't know, but it makes perfect sense), so that's why. There is, apparently, equipment/personnel behind Irvine Lake somewhere... perhaps in/near Fremont Canyon.

They didn't give a date when Black Star Canyon Road would reopen. I will let you know when I find out.

Irvine Regional Park is still closed (I just called; OC Parks @ (714) 973-6865). They did not have a date certain when it would open, but said tentatively on Monday, November 2nd. The fire is projected to be 100% contained on Sunday, so that makes sense I guess.

Then there is the issue of whether any portion of the Cleveland will be closed after things are wrapped up and/or what happens to the Coal Canyon area. I will check when appropriate and let you know.

Best to all (and I'm perfectly fine if a little smoked/ashed out, though it's WAY better today),

Sherry Meddick
Silverado

Join us on Facebook!