Date: 9/27/17 10:09 am
From: Ian Gardner <gardnie07...>
Subject: Re: Help identifying fall migrant warblers
Hey Catherine,

Thanks for looking out for the little migrants. Hopefully Bird Safe
Pittsburgh can help them recover and send them on their way south.

The first bird is a Tennessee Warbler (no wingbars, dark eyeline, green
back, yellow breast).

Second is a Blackpoll Warbler (two wingbars, dark eyeline, streaked back,
gray sides of neck, streaks on sides of breast, yellowish head/breast,
white spots on outer tail feathers).

-Ian Gardner

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 12:47 PM, Catherine Tulley <
<catherine.tulley...> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I haven't posted to the list in a while, but was hoping to get some
> assistance identifying some fall migrants I've seen here in downtown
> Pittsburgh.
>
> My coworker and I found one bird yesterday morning that we thought had been
> stunned from a window collision, so I reported it to the folks over at
> www.BirdSafePgh.org. However, I found a second bird hanging out in the
> bushes this morning, so perhaps they've stopped here during the heat wave?
>
> I consulted with a friend who is better at warbler ID than myself, and she
> suspects that they are bay-breasted warblers.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6abRLRRFbq1S19WNUZ0TE5qZ0E?
> usp=sharing
>
> Many thanks!
> Catherine
>
> --
>

> *“The world is full of magic things,patiently waiting for our sensesto grow
> sharper.”~ W.B. Yeats*

Join us on Facebook!