Date: 9/27/17 9:47 am
Subject: This morning at Hefner Gap Overlook
Bill Haddad, Dan Garber (phtographer from SC) and I, along with 2 other
local birders arrived at Hefner Gap early this morning. We saw 35 total
species including 12 different species of warbler (Tennessee, Hooded,
Magnolia, Bay-Breasted, Am. Redstart, Cape May, Chestnut-sided, Black
Throated Green and Blue, Black and white, Pine and yellow-throated). We
did see a good number of Scarlet Tanagers and Rose-breasted Grosbeaks. We
saw both Blue-headed and Red-eyed Vireos, several Empids as well as Wood
Pewees and common birds.

It was a very active day for birds and as is the case for fall migration
hot spots, there were many birds we were not able to identify in the
fleeting moments they appeared. Things slowed down about 9:30 am.

Gordon Warburton
Marion, NC

Join us on Facebook!