Date: 9/27/17 9:29 am
From: Tom Ewert <ewert.tom...>
Subject: Harvey Co morning
After the rain and cold front came through yesterday I thought today would
be a good time to top up my Harvey county list. I was not disappointed. I
hit the Osage trail first and quickly found a yellow-rumped warbler. At
least 3-4 sedge wrens were chattering in the prairie nearby. A group of
warblers included several each Nashville, orange-crowned and common
yellow-throats. I also found a blue-headed vireo, a bird which has eluded
me many times in Harvey co.
Next stop was Harvey Co East park which had an osprey, more than 100
Franklin's gulls, 5 Forster's terns, a couple of cattle egrets and a mixed
flock of swallows including barn, tree and bank.
At home in Wichita, the Bewick's wren in my backyard showed up again
yesterday after being missing for a week or more.

Tom Ewert
Wichita

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to