Date: 9/27/17 8:58 am
From: Pamela Sowizral <psowizral...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Today at Drumlin Farm
There has been some movement of birds recently. We have had a one-legged solitary sandpiper for several days at the Deer Pen Pond. A clay-colored sparrow was in the corn. Increased number of savannah sparrows. Palm warblers are starting to arrive and a pine warbler was surprisingly on the compost pile with the bluebirds. Two rusty blackbirds were near the Ice Pond. Thanks to Connie, Amy, Andy, Isabella and Isabella for birding with me today. Looking forward to this weekend's cold front and hopefully an influx of migrants.

Pam Sowizral
Mass Audubon's Drumlin Farm
Lincoln

Double-crested Cormorant 5
Killdeer 29
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 3
Northern Flicker 3
Eastern Phoebe 4
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 15
American Crow 5
Black-capped Chickadee 4
Tufted Titmouse 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 3
House Wren 1
Carolina Wren 1
Eastern Bluebird 11
American Robin 25
Gray Catbird 3
Northern Mockingbird 1
European Starling 42
Cedar Waxwing 13
Palm Warbler 3
Pine Warbler 1
Chipping Sparrow 12
Clay-colored Sparrow 1 petite sparrow, over-all very pale, brownish cap with center whitish stripe, eye-ring, malar stripe, white above eye stripe and white at throat, clear breast, small light colored bill, taupe-colored rump. In with a group of chipping sparrows which made for a good comparison.
Savannah Sparrow 13
Song Sparrow 3
Northern Cardinal 4
Rusty Blackbird 2