Date: 9/26/17 6:46 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Masked Booby in rehab - Cape Cod
I'm sharing this message with permission.

Please respect the wishes of the folks at Wild Care and do not phone them.
Thanks to Stephanie Ellis for this news and for all the hard work she and
others do rehabbing wildlife (including birds). Consider making a
contribution!

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

Hi Friends. We have a very special bird in our care. Please, no visitors
or phone calls to Wild Care. He is in grave condition and I do not expect
the bird to survive the night. We do provide excellent care at Wild Care,
and miracles certainly happen every day, but the bird is very ill. <3
Fingers crossed. Read the full story below. Wild Care rescued from
LeCount's Hollow in Wellfleet. Thank you Mark Faherty.

Wild Care Cape Cod
11 mins

MASKED BOOBY at Wild Care. Friends, we have a very special bird in our
care. A rare tropical visitor, swept in with Hurricane Jose. The bird is a
Masked Booby. Click the link to read the full story...

We knew we had a booby &#128077;, but we'd like to thank Mark Faherty of
Mass Audubon Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary for the positive species
I.D. <3

The bird is in grave condition. We request that you do not visit or call
Wild Care for updates. We are not open to the public (by law), and have
dozens of seabirds in critical care at this time. Our patients, including
this booby <3, are of utmost importance to us. Our animals need supportive
care, rest and recuperation. I will post an update tomorrow morning.

Please consider making a donation to help us care for the animals that
Hurricane Jose has left behind.
https://www.wildcarecapecod.org/donate-today/

Executive Director, Stephanie ~

Join us on Facebook!