Date: 9/26/17 11:01 am
From: <gkoprs...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Lagoon Survey
Hi all,
This morning from 7:30 to around 10:30, Lisa Stratton and I birded along the eastern side of the lagoon and Campus Point area for the monthly lagoon survey. Most notable was the number of VAUX'S SWIFT flying east, with a total of at least 659 for the entire morning (on eBird, the high count was 525, just a tad higher than my count of 518 for the lagoon checklist)! Mixed in were some swallows, including 3 rather late CLIFF SWALLOW seen at various time points.
Nothing else was too exciting but a WILLOW FLYCATCHER in the marshy thicket near De La Guerra dining commons was nice to see, 2 WANDERING TATTLER continued at the Campus Point rocks, and a GREEN HERON on the lagoon island by the commencement lawn was my first one seen on campus. Coots have come back in numbers, while Wigeon have also begun to arrive.

Good birding,
Jasen

Join us on Facebook!