Date: 9/26/17 10:11 am
From: Steve Thiessen <stevethiessen...>
Subject: [wisb] Brooklyn SWA, Dane Co.

I hiked the area north of Bellbrook Road, and north of the main field. You need boots to get into the field. This could be good again next April, for Smith's. In the tall grasses in the water were atleast 39 Bobolinks, and many Savannah Sparrows near the edges. Once out in the field I wasn't seeing much, but did flush 2 Ammodramus Sparrows. One was an immature LeConte's. The other probably was. I had good looks, but it was a duh moment. Wierd ,the center of it's back was black. Had a group of longspurs or pipits get up out of a plowed area, but I couldn't see them well enough. I also saw a couple Lincoln's, 1 Vesper, 2 Marsh and 3 Sedge Wrens.
I then headed to the southside of Bellbrook. Had my FOF W-c Sparrows (2 immatures) on my hike to a wet area. At the wet area I flushed an Am. Bittern and got great looks at a Nelson's Sparrow.
Lots of walking, some of it hard, but all of it a good adventure. Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.