Date: 9/25/17 10:58 pm
From: <alan.prichard...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Jameson Lake Report
Acorn Woodpecker 2
Osprey 1
Great Blue Heron 2 adults
Pied-billed Grebe 3
Mallard 5
Hawk?
Belted Kingfisher 2
Redhead 2
Ring-necked Duck 2
White-crowned Sparrow 12+ (West of dam)
CA Quail 20+ (two separate groups)
Hummingbirds, male/female pair Anna's or Costa's?
Male Bushtit (heard only)

The Osprey flew right overhead as I scrambled for my camera. I have great pics of it trying to grasp fish from surface.

The Kingfishers made a showy display, first time I heard their great noise.

There were other ducks I could not ID, too distant. in the month I've been here, the population seems to be getting more diverse. I am slowly learning where to spot what.

Also in two outbuildings I have encountered a small bird, white breast, otherwise mostly black, nectar type beak(?). Short, up-tone call. No idea wat it is. I keep shooing it out doors.

Join us on Facebook!