Date: 9/25/17 6:50 pm
From: <peterschneekloth...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Refugio State Beach - Willow Flycatcher
I stopped at Refugio on the way home. The highlight was a nice Willow Flycatcher showing well along the lower creek. There were also Yellow Warblers flycatching over the creek and some Western Tanager going back and forth from the big Euc and the streamside vegetation. The birds were also actively coming down to the east bank of the creek to drink and bath. The Willow Flycatcher finally posed for a few good photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/37291582412/in/dateposted-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/37291582412/in/dateposted-public/

This morning I had a mixed flock with Yellow, Wilson's, Orange-crowned, Black-throated Gray and Townsend's Warblers in the willows N of Refugio Rd and south of the first creek crossing.

Peter Schneekloth
Buellton

Join us on Facebook!