Date: 9/25/17 11:49 am
From: <dan_cooper_90042...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Tricolored Heron report (2nd hand), Costa Mesa
From visiting bird guide James Smith:

"We just had a juv Tricolored Heron flying north over a drainage on Adams Ave, Costa Mesa [around 8:30 AM]. Couldn't stop because of traffic. Just to clarify the Heron flew over the drainage on Adams between Ranger and Shanter Roads, apparently just outside Costa Mesa but near the town line."

Sounds like this was along the lower Santa Ana River north of Fairview Park, toward the 405 Fwy. I'm sure locals know how to best access it (I don't, sorry!).

Dan Cooper
Ventura Co.

------------------------------------
Posted by: <dan_cooper_90042...>
------------------------------------

Reports and bird identities are neither edited nor verified. Use at your own risk. Please consult the standard reference books for proper bird identification & currently accepted names. Please do NOT use abbreviations or acronyms in lieu of names. Both scientific and/or common names of birds are acceptable.

All posts must be on-topic: about birds/birding in Orange County, California (nowhere else!). Your posts must include both a clear subject line *and* your name *and your city of residence*. Off-topic posts will be deleted and the sender put on moderated status. Repeat offenders will be banned.

To search for a bird discussed in past messages, browse or search the archives at:

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)