Date: 9/25/17 5:53 am
From: Harry Glasgow via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Merrimac Farm
Seven friends of the Merrimac Farm Wildlife Management Area in Nokesville gathered to take part in today's Last-Sunday-of -the-Month birdwalk sponsored by the Prince William Conservation Alliance.  We caught the middle of the Warbler migration as we tallied 9 species of Warbler out of our total of 36 species.  I addition to the Warblers, our highlights included an American Kestrel, a Yellow-throated Vireo, a Killdeer, and a couple of Humingbirds.
Canada Goose  20
Wild Turkey  4
Red-shouldered Hawk  2
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Killdeer  1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  2
Red-bellied Woodpecker  3
Downy Woodpecker  2
Hairy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  4
Pileated Woodpecker  1
American Kestrel  1
White-eyed Vireo  1
Yellow-throated Vireo  1
Red-eyed Vireo  6
Blue Jay  5
American Crow  6
crow sp.  1
Carolina Chickadee  8
Tufted Titmouse  2
Carolina Wren  4
American Robin  1
Gray Catbird  4
Northern Mockingbird  1
Ovenbird  1
Black-and-white Warbler  4
Nashville Warbler  1
Common Yellowthroat  1
American Redstart  2
Cape May Warbler  1
Northern Parula  3
Magnolia Warbler  1
Black-throated Green Warbler  2
Eastern Towhee  1
Northern Cardinal  1
American Goldfinch  8

The Prince William Conservation Alliance birdwalks at the Merrimac Farm Wildlife Management Area in Nokesville take place at 8 AM on the final Sunday of every month.  Birders meet at the Area's entrance located at the stonehouse at the end of Deepwood Drive.  Questions may be directed to the Alliance at 703.499.4954,  or <alliance...>

Harry GlasgowNancy Vehrs