Date: 9/24/17 8:52 pm
From: Liam Waters <youngeaglewaters...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Race point 9/24
We could not locate the Short-tailed Shearwater today, and we only had 14 Sooty Shearwaters to look through for it. It was incredible how much the bird action has died down from the past two days. There was still a feeding frenzy of almost 1000 Great Shearwaters at the very tip, but not much else at all. We did have 2 Little Gulls, but missed a Black-headed Gull and a Sandwich Tern seen by others at hatches harbor. No Skuas, Sabine's Gulls, or fulmars were seen by anyone (as far as I know). There was also a Long-tailed Jaeger photographed before we arrived this morning.
Our list is here https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39376674

A/the Black-headed Gull was seen later over Pilgrim Lake, and there were two bright Cape May Warblers at the end of the bike path at the parking lot to head-of-the-meadow beach in Truro.

Happy birding,
Liam Waters
Sharon

Sent from my iPod so please excuse any errors.

Join us on Facebook!