Date: 9/24/17 5:25 pm
Subject: Lake Eden Event Site, Black Mountain, NC
Good Evening,

I was lucky enough to attend a beautiful wedding at the Lake Eden Event
Site in the cute and thriving foothill town of Black Mountain, NC. The
birding on site was great, both Saturday and Sunday morning. However, I
wish I had another birder with me, because my Flycatcher identification is
poor, and at times there were too many birds to see with just two eyes.
Regardless, I found some pretty birds that aren't common around my home on
the Outer Banks.

Some of special birds include:

Broad-winged Hawk (Flyover)
Scarlet Tanager
Summer Tanager
Ovenbird
Cape May Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Magnolia Warbler
Black-and-White Warbler
Hermit Thrush (common outer banks in winter)
Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks
And TONS of American Goldfinches!

The site has dense woods, pasture lands, babbling brooks, tall hardwoods
and pines, thickets and even two pond areas that held Canada geese and at
least one Green Heron.

I highly recommend this site for birding, but do not know how restricted
access may be considering we were paying to stay there in one of the many
rental house on the site. Definitely worth checking out though.

Thanks foothills for the great birding!!

Jim Gould
Southern Shores, NC

Sent from my mobile device.

Join us on Facebook!