Date: 9/24/17 5:15 pm
From: John Fussell <jofuss...>
Subject: Reddish Egrets at east Shackleford Banks, NC today
In my earlier post that included the Bar-tailed Godwit at east Shackleford
Banks today, I forgot to mention that we also had 2 Reddish Egrets there,
both dark-morph birds.

I'll also mention that Marty Wall and Chandra Biggerstaff flushed a small
bird just behind the primary dune that flew low and directly away from them.
The bird's size and flight was suggestive of a ground-dove. They thought
that the bird landed not far away, but we spent 15 minutes searching for it
and did not find it again. The bird was about 0.75 miles from the inlet, in
the vicinity of where we had the Bar-tailed Godwit (with the godwit being on
the beach, of course).

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC

Join us on Facebook!