Date: 9/24/17 1:35 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] 9/23 Black's Creek in Quincy
Thanks to Paul Peterson for the following.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 19:10:09 +0000 (UTC)
From: Paul Peterson <petersonpaul63...>
Subject: 9/23 Black's Creek in Quincy

I also birded Black's Creek yesterday. This was from 11:00-12:40. Pine Island is a nice wooded area off Fenno St. that juts out into the marsh of Black's Creek.

Common Merganser 2 quite a surprise

Red-shouldered Hawk 1 juv. perched and calling; seen from behind Beechwood School

falcon sp. 1

WHITE-WINGED GULL 1 too brief a look and too distant; flying in creek

Golden-crowned Kinglet 2 F.O.F. Pine Island (entrance off Fenno St.)
Black-throated Green 1 Pine Island
Black and White 1 Pine Island
American Redstart 1 Pine Island
Common Yellowthroat 2 Pine Island
Lincoln's Sparrow 1 edge of marsh behind Beechwood School Fenno St.
P.S. I saw awe-inspiring light out over the water from Dorchester St.at Bellevue St.in Squantum at 7:00 p.m., shortly after sunset. There was fog all around, and Boston had amazing light shining around it from the last rays of the sun. I felt like I was in a 17th century Dutch landscape painting.

Paul Peterson
<petersonpaul63...>
Boston

Join us on Facebook!