Date: 9/24/17 1:03 pm
From: Kathleen <ktmartin...>
Subject: [COBOL] SE Bend yard birds
The Juncos flew in yesterday. They should be here until the first week of next April. Rufous hummers left on Sept 9, the same day they have left for the last six years in a row. All years before that they left the week of Sept 9. Still have Anna’s hummers fighting over the feeders. The large flock of Lincoln’s sparrows that showed up mid-summer still pass through most days, but have abandoned the feeders for the seeds in my naturalized garden. Two pairs of Pygmy nuthatches both double-clutched in our boxes so we are swarmed with them as the kids learn how to use the suet feeders. Downy and Hairy woodpeckers, Steller’s jays, chickadees, flickers, and an occasional robin take turns in the suet feeders, too. The summer hordes of House sparrows and House finches are gone. The California quail had good chick survival rates this summer, and pass through twice a day. I sure enjoy reading in COBOL what other folks are seeing now in their yards.
Kathleen Martin