Date: 9/24/17 10:33 am
From: Beau Schaefer <beauschaefer...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Lake-Cook Audubon Chain O Lakes State Park trip
This morning I had the pleasure of joining 16 mirthful birders as we enjoyed the spectacular fall weather and 64 species of birds at COLSP. Personal highlights:

12 warbler sp. including great looks at a male GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER, and a singing PINE WARBLER that provided fleeting looks.
19 BOBOLINKS flying overhead and calling out in the sedge meadow at the overlook.
Nice looks at a juvenile ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK “chinking” in front of us.
A nice juvenile YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER that unfortunately flew before most could see it.
A “yanking” RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH.

It was a great morning with lots of birds. The only disappointment was the lack of sparrows. I think we had 3 sparrow species which seems ridiculously low for the last week of September. Thanks to Rena Cohen and to everyone who came out this morning. Always a pleasure to bird with you.

The List: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39366048 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39366048>

Bird On!
Beau Schaefer
Round Lake Beach, IL