Date: 9/24/17 9:54 am
From: Will Cook <cwcook...>
Subject: Re: Roseate Spoonbill at Morgan Creek
Fixing the URL and adding my location (new computer)...

I was nearby this morning covering the New Hope Creek mudflats along
with Stuart Pimm and a flock of Duke undergrads and grad students.

We found the shorebird flock well to the south of the old railroad
causeway. They should continue moving south as the water drops. No rare
shorebirds today, but good numbers of Lesserlegs (~60) and Pectorals
(10). The best birds were a juvenile White Ibis flying overhead and an
extremely late female-plumaged Purple Martin, which may be the latest
one ever reported in the area. Here's the full list:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ebird.org_ebird_view_checklist_S39365177&d=DwICaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=iaK1qGWfT8KYvXkDRyln7uXsc0PCE6lY-3AWa0KnoXU&s=p9pRVVep3YDwk-nKlY1zfTsx5rOcvXoLb_a_DMkNi4I&e=

Good birding,
Will Cook - Durham, NC

On 9/24/2017 9:17 AM, Kent Fiala (via carolinabirds Mailing List) wrote:
> The Roseate Spoonbill was at the Morgan Creek arm of Jordan Lake this
> morning but we just watched it fly far off to the southwest.
> --
>
> Kent Fiala

Join us on Facebook!