Date: 9/24/17 9:34 am
From: <wolfies.hound...>
Subject: [COBOL] Hangers on
As of two days ago there was still a Say's Phoebe on the property.

Last night, 7:45 pm, about .25 miles from the end of my driveway, I nearly ran over a Common Poorwill that had been (unbeknownst to me until it flew up!) on the edge of the gravel road. I'm always looking for them this time of year, hoping to catch one last glimpse before all have headed south.

About 10 minutes ago: a hummingbird at the feeder. From my brief glimpse it appeared to be a female Rufous. I'll keep my eye out for it. And here I thought the hummers had pulled out already! Good thing I left the feeder up...

Sue Tank
About 10 mi N of Sisters, just over the Jefferson Co. line

Sent from my iPad