Date: 9/24/17 6:10 am
From: <david_assmann...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Eastern Kingbird, Tennessee Warbler, Black-Headed Grosbeak
Felix Regau and I birded the western half of the Presidio for the rare bird roundup yesterday. The Fort Scott Community Garden was the highlight of the area with one tree on the south side of the garden playing host to at least six species of flycatcher - an EASTERN KINGBIRD, a WILLOW FLYCATCHER, a WESTERN WOOD-PEWEE, several BLACK PHOEBES, an OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER and many PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHERS. A BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAK was in a neighboring tree, and many WESTERN TANAGERS moved through as well. There were also two WARBLING VIREOS in the garden. Nearby, a TENNESSEE WARBLER was at the top of Dragonfly Creek. At the bottom of Lobos Creek we found a CHIPPING SPARROW, a RUBY-CROWNED KINGLET, seven WESTERN TANAGERS, a SWAINSON'S THRUSH, a LAZULI BUNTING, a BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER and a SPOTTED TOWHEE.

Join us on Facebook!