Date: 9/23/17 8:15 pm
From: <shack357...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Chickasaw barn owls continuing
Took my daughter out looking this evening, heard the owls before we saw them, but we saw two flying around and heard a third-they're definitely sticking around and I'm pretty sure the nest/roost is in the top of one of the grain bins at the elevator-there's always one sitting on the upper catwalk.

We kept our distance, and she was the one who spotted them first-even better experience than me pointing them out for her(she's 8). I explained to her how rare they are for the area-she's interested enough there might be a school report in it.
Ryan Shackleton
Alta Vista, IA
Chickasaw County